Frequently Asked Questions

Where is the best area to buy a home?

If you're new to Auckland, you may well be asking this question. The answer will depend on things like whether you have a family, the size of property you want, the loan you can afford, and so on.

Talk to us. We may not be able to answer this question for you now, but once we understand your needs and requirements and because we know Auckland better than most, we can certainly help you decide what is best for you.

Why use Crockers Realty?

Our property Sales Consultants do nothing but market and sell residential and investment property in Auckland. Most of their work comes through referrals and repeat business - so they're doing something right.

Crockers relies on its good reputation and the integrity with which all our staff conduct themselves. Our Sales Consultants are experienced and skilled negotiators assisted by a highly experienced Sales Manager to help where ever required. We have processes in place and a strong support team to provide our consultants with quality marketing material and administrative requirements. What does all of that mean? It means your Sales Consultant can remain totally focused on finding a buyer for your property.

Can I obtain my own valuation on the property I'm interested in?

Yes. Lenders usually insist on independent valuations and generally give a list of valuers whose reports they will accept.

Do I need a Solicitor?

Yes. Before you embark on buying a property, Crockers recommends that you source a Solicitor so that they can guide you through the process and identify and deal with any issues that may arise.

How do I arrange finance to buy my home?

Before you start looking for a home, Crockers recommends that you seek the advice of an independent mortgage broker who will discuss your needs and requirements with you and then source the best lender to meet your needs. If you prefer, you can go directly to your bank.

How much deposit do I need at the time of a conditional or unconditional sale?

Rule of thumb 10%, however this can vary and can be negotiated by your Sales Consultant.

When do I have to pay for the property?

On the day of settlement as specified and agreed to in your Sale and Purchase Agreement.

How long before I can move into the property?

You can move into the property on the day of settlement or as otherwise specified and agreed to in your Sales Agreement.

How much notice do tenants require before I can move in?

The minimum notice period is 42 days in writing once the sale has gone unconditional, unless the tenancy is for a Fixed Term. In this case, you will have to wait until the end of the fixed term before moving in. It is the vendor's responsibility to provide notice in writing.

Other Questions you should be asking your Sales Consultant

There are many questions that you need to ask your Sales Consultant. The answers will be unique to the property you are interested in.

  • What is the properties zoning according to the District Plan?
  • What school is this property in zone for?
  • Which suburb has had the highest increase in values?
  • Which is the most popular suburb to buy in?
  • What are the average sale prices for the area I am considering?
  • What are the average section sizes in this area?
  • What are the rates in this area?
  • Does this property have a Body Corporate?
  • How much are the Body Corporate fees?
  • Are there any special levies?
  • What sort of title does this property have?
  • What is the Council valuation (CV)?
  • What year was the valuation completed?
  • Should I get a builders report?
  • Should I get a Lim report?
  • How much do these reports cost?
  • Has this house had any leaks?
  • What clauses should I put into an agreement?