What Do I Have To Do?
As a member of the body corporate, you have a few responsibilities to take care of from time to time, but they are all relatively straightforward.
The key things you must do are:
- Make timely payment of all body corporate levies and other costs associated with the unit/apartment(s)
- Comply with the body corporate rules, and make sure that all of your tenants, guests and invitees also comply with those rules
- Maintain your unit/apartment(s) so that the value of other surrounding units/apartments or the common property is not affected and your unit/apartment doesn't pose a danger to anyone or cause any other unit/apartment to suffer consequential damage
- Allow the body corporate access to your unit/apartment(s) at all reasonable times for any of the reasons listed in the rules
- Keep the body corporate informed of changes in your contact details (we recommend that you do this in writing so that accurate records are kept, and it's really easy to do this using your Crockers Direct account)
- Advise the body corporate (again in writing) of any changes in ownership of your unit/apartment (especially important, as you remain liable for the levies on the unit/apartment until you provide the body corporate with written notice of the change)
- Advise the body corporate of your New Zealand based Agent if you are away from New Zealand for longer than 3 weeks
- If you haven't paid what you owe the body corporate when a General Meeting is held, then you won't be allowed to exercise your vote. This means that if you haven't paid your vote won't count, so it's important to check that your account is up to date well before your next meeting (and again, you can do this quickly and easily using your Crockers Direct account). You must still pay all levies even if you dispute the amounts. Payment doesn't take away any rights to continue with a dispute you may have through the Tenancy Tribunal
- Be up to date and be heard
If you're in the market for a great Body Corporate Manager who is interested in helping you, call Deborah Higgs on:
Phone 09 968 3303 Email email@example.com
- 如果您的联系方式变更，请及时通知物业管理公司（我们建议您用书面方式通知我们，以便保存准确的记录信息，这可通过您的Crockers Direct账户轻松完成）
- 如果在业主大会召开时您还未付清对物业的欠款，您将不被允许行使投票权。也就是说，未付清欠款，您就没有话语权。因此在开会前检查您的账目是否付清很重要（可使用您的Crockers Direct账户轻松便捷完成付款）。即使您对物业费的数额存在争议，您也必须付清所有物业费。付款并不影响您通过Tenancy Tribunal（租赁仲裁庭）继续处理争议的任何权力。