COVID-19 Level 3 Update - Body Corporate
As you are no doubt aware, Auckland will be moving into Alert Level 3 at 11:59pm on Tuesday 21 September. Level 3 rules require our team to continue to work from home. We will continue to run AGMs virtually and to pay creditors on your behalf in a timely manner to ensure there are no issues with utilities, lifts, rubbish collection etc.
We recommend that committees consider these matters for Level 3 operation:
- Cleaning of communal areas, particularly disinfecting high use areas like lift buttons, door handles etc. should continue. If they have been paused under Level 4, your cleaning contractors can return, but should observe all Covid safe protocols including the use of face coverings.
- Communal gyms, pools, lounges, BBQs etc. should remain closed.
- Meetings (AGMs and committee meetings) can only be done on-line which we will continue to do using MS Teams.
- Given the airborne nature of Covid, and the extreme transmissibility of the Delta variant in particular, mask use is highly recommended anywhere outside of your own apartment and in particular, all common areas, especially enclosed spaces such as lifts.
- One household bubble at a time is recommended in lifts, even with mask use.
- You can leave your home for exercise, to buy food & essential supplies, to get vaccinated and to seek other medical treatments – but stay local, observe physical distancing and wear a mask.
- Moving house is permitted at Level 3, and limited viewing of homes for the purposes of sale or leasing is also permissible.
- General maintenance e.g. gardening, pool maintenance, cleaning of common areas is able to be done at Level 3 so long as these contractors meet Covid 19 – Level 3 protocols of;
a. meeting physical distancing requirements
b. having extra hygiene measures
c. regularly cleaning and disinfecting shared surfaces
d. having contactless options for ordering, pick-up, delivery and payment
e. making sure staff, customers and visitors wear a face covering if they are required to.
Further information on Alert level 3 is available here.
Your Crockers Team remain available during this Level 3 period to assist on all our usual channels other than face to face.